FITZGERALD | Men's Black Wedding Band | Black Ceramic | Black Walnut Inlay | 4mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 10mm & 12mm
Lifetime Warranty, Size Exchanges & Returns Policy
TCRings.com has one of the most customer-friendly warranties ever seen on an online store. To learn more about our policies, read below. You can always contact us via our phone number above, or through our Contact Us page.
Lifetime Warranty for Size Exchanges or Damage
Your ring is automatically covered under our comprehensive Lifetime Warranty. This is the most customer-friendly warranty in the industry, and in addition to covering any kind of manufacturing defects for life, it also covers accidental damage or breaks. In both cases, you can simply return the ring and exchange it for a new one that's the same style and width. This includes free resizing for life - if your finger size has changed, we can exchange it for a new size, free of charge (except engraving).
If that particular style, width or size has been discontinued, we'll send you a ring of equal value and size that most closely matches it.
Our white, black and gold tungsten rings are extremely strong and scratch resistant. However, those colors are created by plating other metals to the tungsten. Plating will naturally wear off over time and can be re-applied for a cost of $20. (If you prefer to avoid re-plating, look at zirconium or ceramic for black alternatives, cobalt for white alternatives and solid 14k gold for gold alternatives.)
Please note that while our standard tungsten and ceramic rings are the most scratch resistant rings in the world, they can still be scratched by harder materials. This means scratches are considered regular wear and tear and will not be considered as a defect, and are not covered under our warranty. We can re-polish (or in the case of white, black or gold tungsten rings, re-plate) the rings for you for $20.
In addition, inlays made from carbon, wood, meteorite, mother of pearl, dinosaur bone fossil and other natural materials are not as scratch proof as the band itself, so please keep this in mind if you want a ring that's as scratch proof as possible.
If your ring is engraved (either by us or a third party) we can still exchange it (please keep in mind that to re-engrave a ring, the original engraving cost still applies) but any other kind of third party modification on the ring will void its warranty.
Any shipping costs necessary to return the ring or for warranty work are the responsibility of the customer.
It's well known that the famed toughness and resilience of tungsten carbide and black ceramic rings make them very hard to resize. Not to worry. We can exchange your ring for a new size for you for no cost (except shipping). This means free resizing for life.
40-Day Free Returns
If you simply don't like your ring, within the first 40 days you can return it to us for a full refund - no questions asked. Simply call or email us and we will email you the form you need.
- You will receive your full refund within 4 weeks. This includes the shipping time for the ring, our inspection, and the bank processing the refund request. In most cases this will be much faster than 4 weeks.
- You are responsible for the shipping costs when returning your ring. In addition, you are fully responsible for the ring until it's delivered to our offices. We cannot be held responsible if the ring is damaged or lost during the return shipping period.
- If there was a shipping error on our part (like a wrong shipment), we will also pay for the shipping cost of the return.
- We cannot give you a full refund if the ring is scratched or is otherwise showing obvious signs of usage. Nothing to worry - most rings can be returned.
- If for any reason we deem the ring unreturnable after our inspection, you're responsible for the shipping cost of returning the ring back to you.
- If you had your ring engraved, we cannot refund the engraving fee. Only the ring's original cost can be refunded.
- If you have ordered 3 or more rings in a single purchase and want to return 2 or more of them, please see the relevant section below.
During the first 40 days, you can also exchange your ring for a different size, or a wholly different ring (if the new ring's price is different, you'll be charged/refunded the difference). Please keep in mind though, that we cannot refund the engraving fee, so if you wanted to exchange your ring for another engraved ring, the engraving cost would still apply.
Return Policy for Orders Containing 3 or More Rings
We welcome customers ordering multiple rings to try different sizes or styles. However, if the order contains 3 or more rings with the intention of returning 2 or more of them, we will have to charge a 15% restocking fee when issuing your refunds when you send the rings back. There is absolutely no restocking fee if your original order had 1 or 2 rings - it starts at 3. Thank you for understanding.
"How Do I Know What Width & Size To Buy?" in 3 Easy Steps
1. First decide which width you like:
- The width you choose is really just a matter of personal visual preference & physical comfort, but you'll need to know that in order to determine your size. Our widths range from a slim 2mm to a bold 20mm. Women often choose either a 2mm or 4mm band, while men most often prefer 6mm or 8mm. But there is no "rule" you have to follow. Pick the width that conveys the look you want. If you are a right brained creative here are some images on both male and female hands to help you visualize:
- If you are a left brained math lover, here are simple conversions of our ring widths from millimeters to inches.
2mm = 1/16 inch
4mm = 1/8 inch
6mm =Just under 1/4 inch
7mm = Just over 1/4 inch
8mm = 5/16 inch
10mm = Just over 3/8 inch
12mm = Just under 1/2 inch
20mm = Just under 13/16 inch
- And finally here is another visual guide for those of you who are both right and left brained!
An easy rule of thumb is that a nickel is not quite 2mm wide. If you happen to have a nickel laying around, pick it up - and you have roughly a 2mm visual. Stack 3 together and you can see approximately what a 6mm ring would look like on your hand.
2. What size do I need?
If you have any questions that aren't answered here, feel free to call us Monday- Friday 9AM - 5PM Eastern Time and speak with a sizing specialist: 1-800-965-3069
- First determine what width ring you want (see above).
- Second, check the product description for the ring under the bullited point "BAND" to see if it is a Comfort Fit or Standard Fit.
- Third....the ABSOLUTE BEST WAY to determine your size is to be either measured by a jeweler or to take a ring that already fits you to a jeweler and have them tell you what size it is. Be sure to tell them both
- 1. the width you are ordering
- 2. and whether or not it is a Comfort or Standard Fit band.
- Most of our rings are built with Comfort Fit sizing. But most jewelers use Standard Fit sizers (which are for rings with flat interiors) so keep that in mind if you have been sized by a jeweler. In Comfort Fit, the interior side/surface of the ring is not flat, but is actually domed which gives it a slight, rounded curve. This minimizes the area of contact between your finger and the ring's surface making it more comfortable to wear... while still keeping the ring securely around your finger. Here is a cross section view of a Comfort Fit ring:
- If you already know your normal Standard Fit ring size, we'd recommend that when purchasing a Comfort Fit ring from our store, you order half a size smaller (unless you are ordering an 8mm width or larger). If you are normally a size 8.0 on a standard sizer, a 7.5 would be your best choice. Similarly, if you're a 10.5, go ahead and order a 10. Please Note: If you are ordering a ring in an 8mm or larger width, you may not need this adjustment down in size due to the larger surface area of a bigger ring. In fact, very large widths (12mm-20mm) may require a increase above your normal ring size. This is to accommodate the larger ring sliding over your knuckle.
- If being sized by a jeweler is not an option, you can purchase our Adjustable Ring Sizer here. It's not perfect, but it is the next best thing!
3. Don't worry!
If you get the wrong size (or you gain or lose weight in the future) we offer Free Manufacturer's Lifetime Size Exchanges on all of our Contemporary Metal Rings. You only have to pay for shipping back to the manufacturer and engraving.
Precious Metal rings sometimes involve resizing charges so be sure to check the product description!
The Pros and the Cons of Choosing The Metal For Your Ring!
Every metal or material you can choose for your band ....whether it is tungsten, zirconium, meteorite, etc. ....will have positive and negative qualities. There is no perfect material without a downside. So be sure to check out the information below so you can pick the metal that is the most perfect for you! For more details on a specific metal or material, check the product page for your ring or our METALS | MATERIALS page.
GOLD (Yellow, White*, Rose and combinations like Mokume Gane)
*see Plated Rings below
- Rings made from any of these precious metals have a timeless, traditional association with value and longevity
- They don't break or crack like some contemporary metals can
- Can usually be resized (bands with settings, inlays or milled designs that run all around the band may have to be exchanged for a new ring)
- Can be engraved with standard engraving methods
- Can be removed with a standard ring cutter in an emergency
- All the precious metals are "soft" in comparison to contemporary metals and therefore can be scratched, bent and are subject wear over time (small details such as a beaded edge will slowly disappear after many years of wearing)
- Precious metals are generally the most expensive
- Can be affected by contact with chemicals
- Some precious metal rings carry a $149.99 resizing fee. Be sure to check the product page information for the specific ring you select
TUNGSTEN (Standard as well as Black*, White* & Gold* Plated)
SOLID CARBON FIBER
*see Plated Rings below
- Amazing looks and colors like gun metal gray, black, white, pink and multicolored bands are available.
- All are more scratch resistant than precious metals with tungsten and ceramic being the most scratch resistant
- Generally much more affordable than precious metals. Some, like cobalt & white tungsten, give you the look of white gold or platinum for a fraction of the price
- All contemporary metals come with a Lifetime Manufacturers Warranty for both size or damage exchanges
- All contemporary metals are harder than precious metals which means that the hardest ones (tungsten and ceramic) are potentially vulnerable to cracking. Your Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty will replace the band, but if you can't stand the thought of changing your ring (either because of the sentiment attached to it or because you may not have a ring to wear during the exchange process) then you may want to avoid ceramic or tungsten.
- The harder contemporary metals (tungsten and ceramic) must be cracked to be removed by vice grips in emergency situations. Others (such as cobalt and zirconium) require diamond tipped ring cutters
- None are scratch proof (all are scratch resistant to varying degrees)
Colorful Inlays ...... and More!
MOTHER OF PEARL
- Amazing colors, textures and looks to choose from that will not go unnoticed - not to mention they are great conversation starters as they won't look like like everyone else's band!
- Inlays are offered in both precious metals and contemporary metals
- Inlays are usually protected with a resin coating which can scratch or peel over time. Your Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty will replace the band but if you can't stand the thought of changing your ring (either because of the sentiment attached to it or because you may not have a ring to wear during the exchange process) then you may want to avoid inlaid rings
- Plated rings can be either precious or contemporary metals that have been covered with another metal to achieve their final look. Platings will wear off over time with daily wear and eventually will have to be re-plated for a fee of $19.99
Rich-looking black walnut wood inlay on a high-gloss black ceramic band makes FITZGERALD a clear winner. Polished beveled edges and Comfort Fit styling finish the look and feel of this wedding ring quite nicely.
Here at TCRings, we have a wide assortment of black ceramic rings and wedding bands for you, all low-priced every day and all backed with our lifetime warranty, free size exchanges for life and best of all, every ring ships free!
At TCRings, we'd like to be your one-stop online jewelry store! Shop us today!
[to commit] was an easy decision - choosing the right ring should be as well…..TCRings
- FINISH: Polished
- WALL THICKNESS: 2.0mm - 2.3mm
- WEIGHT: 4 -10 grams
- BAND: Comfort Fit
- METAL | MATERIAL: Ceramic + Black Walnut Wood
- FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY: Your coverage applies to all forms of damage.....for life!
- FREE SIZE EXCHANGES FOR LIFE
- PRODUCTION & SHIPPING TIMES: Usually ships in 1 - 3 BUSINESS DAYS. Then simply add the time you select for shipping (varies from 1 week to overnight).
- ENGRAVING: Engraving is available on this ring for an additional charge. Can my FITZGERALD ring be returned if engraved? Yes! (less non-refundable engraving fee)
- INLAYS: All inlays are sealed with a protective resin coating which is not as scratch resistant as the band itself.
- SIZING: Your most accurate way of determining your size is to be measured by a jeweler. While many people wear a 1/2 size smaller in comfort fit styled rings, you may not need that adjustment in larger width rings (8 mm widths and larger). You can order a ring sizer here if you do not have access to a jeweler.
- RETURNS: We will gladly accept returns on this ring within 40 days of your purchase (limit is dictated and varies by manufacturer). Can my FITZGERALD ring be returned if engraved? Yes! (less non-refundable engraving fee)